The East San Gabriel Valley Japanese Community Center is dedicated to fostering and preserving the culture unique to Japanese American ancestry and to serving the community through social services, artistic, recreational, and educational programs.
We are looking for a Program Intern to support us in helping create engaging and effective programs and events for youth, seniors, and all those in between.
- Giving young people greater exposure to opportunities and needs in the Japanese American community
- Promoting interaction and networking between existing Nikkei organizations and institutions
- Connecting interns with mentors in the Japanese American community who inspire and peak their interest in the work of our organizations
- Providing a fun learning experience that creates energy and a desire to engage in the community
The Intern will gain experience with working with volunteers, leadership skills, and project management.
Applicants should have:
- Strong research and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (phone, e-mail communications)
- Excel, word processing, and minimal graphic design/page layout experience
- Ability to take direction as well as initiative
- Excellent organizational abilities
Applicants may be graduate or undergraduate students and should be able to commit to 15-20 hours per week for at least one quarter (8-10 weeks).
Read about intern experiences on our ESGVJCC Intern Blog: Engage & Empower